- Posted August 2009 - The Car Dyke. An illustrated talk by David Start of Heritage Lincolnshire
will take place on 7pm Tuesday 15th September at The Old Ship Inn, Pointon.
- Posted May 2009 - The Group is participating in the Lincolnshire Heritage at Risk project organised
by Lincolnshire Heritage Trust and funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund. A number of Group members have enrolled
as Heritage Stewards in order to help complete the pilot condition surveys of local buildings and archaelogical sites
- Posted May 2009 - The Group's first publication, a booklet entitled "Gilbert: from Laon to London
via Lincoln and Sempringham" is available from the Secretary price £3.00 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is the text of the first feast of Saint Gilbert lecture on the 4th February 2009 given by Dr Kate Sykes. It tells
the remarkable story of our local son Gilbert who formed the only English-founded monastic order.
- Posted April 2009 - The Group has elected Michael King as Chairman, Alison Greig as secretary and
Suzanne Williams as Treasurer as well as five other committee members. Four meetings for members on individual
themes will be held a year and it is hoped that there will be at least two events open to the public. Annual
subscription fees to the Group will be £10 for an individual or £15 for a family.
- Posted February 2009 - The Group's first events will be talks by Dr Kate Sykes of Oxford University
entitled 'Gilbert Who?' at two locations:
- 6.30pm for 7.00pm, Tuesday 3 February, at Pointon Primary School
- 2.00pm, Wednesday 4 February, at Billingborough Primary School
- Posted February 2009 - The Spring Wells Heritage Group has formed and will hold its first, open,
general meeting at 7pm on Tueday 17 March at 22, Ousemere Close, Billingborough.